Friday, October 11, 2013

From the back seat

I know it's been way to long and I won't bother to make excuses, so here's a snippet from a recent drive time conversation.


From the back seat

D:  “Hey Mom, can you do that thing outside?”

Me: “What thing?”

D: “That special thing. You not do that special outside, right?”

Me: (trying to keep my mind out of the gutter) “I don’t know what thing you’re talking about.”

D: “That special thing that you do with Dad.”

Me: dead silence

D: “That special thing where dad gived you that ring.”

Me: “Do you mean my wedding ring?”

D: “Yes!  You not get weddinged outside, right?”

Me:  “Yes, you can get married outside.”

D: “That not a good idea.”

Me : just because I had to know “Why isn’t it a good idea to get married outside?”

D: "Cause you drop the special ring in the grass and you not find it anymore.  That not good."
This is why I don't listen to the radio much these days.
 

No comments: