Monday, September 26, 2011

A Long Way Baby!

Twelve months can sometimes whiz by at warp speed or it can crawl slower than we think possible. The past year of my life has done both and been one heck of a wild ride. During the first week in September of 2010, Dave and I were Perm, Russia meeting a little person who would change our lives forever. People often comment on fortunate he is to have been adopted by us, but the reality is we’re the lucky ones to have been gifted with such a funny, smart, charming and loving child that fits SO beautifully into our lives.



Parenting has taught me more patience than which I thought I was capable. I can’t even imagine what has gone through the little guys mind as we’re rocked his world in every way possible. In just 12 months, he went from being an orphan in a Russian Baby Home to a gold class frequent flier on America Airlines. He went from never taking his socks off to refusing to leave them one.


He has ridden a camel and had fed kangaroo. He loves to chase parrots around the park and counts the number of trailers on road trains. In the same thirty day period, he dipped his toes in both the Pacific and the Great Southern Oceans.

You’ve come a long way baby!


Dennis and I on Maslin Beach, during our visit to Adelaide for dental surgery. August 2011

No comments: