Monday, May 24, 2010

Beef is whats for dinner

I recently saw this advertisement in the Adelaide Advertiser and laughed out loud.  In my previous life, I saw alot of beef ads and I must admit that this is up there with the best.  It's up there with Sam Elliott's voice overs. (Sorry those of you at NCBA and Beef Board - Matthew McConaughey is a cutie but he's no Sam Elliott!)  I don't agree with their last statement -because grass feed beef  tastes  too much like grass- but I love the ad concept.

The types a bit small after the scanning process - so I'll tell you what it says:

There are 2 ways to get the best tasting beef,
Spend your life caring for the land or
A few minutes flirting with the butcher.

We'd go with the flirting. Besides, thanks to Aussie farmers the hard works already been done.  Their dedication to the land ensures we continue to enjoy the best beef inteh world.
I'll be taking this into my favorite butcher shop this week and asking if I'll get better service this way.  Not that I'd ever actually do that sort of thing......

No comments: