Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Holey Socks

This is one of my random observation posts, of which I haven’t made in a very long time.

While folding laundry today, I noticed that many of my socks are threadbare and holes are beginning to appear. My initial thought was “How did I end up owning such chippy socks?” Then it occurred to me that all of my socks were purchased when I lived in North America where socks are standard wardrobe items. I’ve now been in Australia for four years and rarely wear socks. They are truly seasonal items here, worn only in the “depths of winter”. Aside from the four months spent in the northern hemisphere, I haven’t worn socks all day long for a week straight in length of time I’ve been here. Hence, my socks are simply dying of old age and I have no need to replace them because I always end up wear the same few pairs that are on the top of the stack.

I love living somewhere that socks are optional even it means I need to keep up my toes polished all year round!

No comments: