Monday, June 6, 2011

Recent Sighting Around the Alice

Because I’ve been a bit preoccupied lately with that whole getting a kid, circumventing the planet and figuring out how to be a mom, I have been a slack blogger. I’ve come to the realization that I need to get back in touch with Paula and make time for the things I enjoy. The blow torch came out of storage a few weeks ago and I’ve started practicing bead making on Wednesday mornings while the Russian is at pre-school. I had to promise Dave not to play with molten glass in the presence of the Russian.

It’s also time I get back to sharing with all of you some the quirky sights and signs I see here in the Red Centre.

Here are a few shots I’ve snapped in the past few months:

 
I guess there's no point in making the instructions confusing with big words like "in" or "out".
 
A side from the deplorable abbreviations and spelling, check out the second menu item from the bottom. 

This sign was posted in the movie theater last month.  I can't even begin to comment on how wrong this is, but fortunately Dennis wasn't at the movies with me so I just laughed and snapped the pict. 

Life's a bit different here in the Outback, but we kinda like it that way.

No comments: