Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What the heck just happened?

The last time I knew it was the end of October. My friend Melanie had just left from her visit and we were in Sydney to be submit a new set of finger prints to US immigrations (same fingers as last time we submitted them – you gotta love government bureaucracy).


In the blink of an eye it’s almost Christmas and I wonder where has the last month and a half gone? Upon review there are a couple of items that come to mind: an amend the adoption homestudy, approval to move prior to having the adoption finalized, packing up everything we own, kid shower, Cannoli making party, 2 Thanksgiving dinners, 5 going away parties, actually moving everything we own, moving a garden during the heat of summer , painting a living room, unpacking everything we own, Red Back spider population explosion, vacuum cleaner broke; hot water heater, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher all died in first 8 days of being in new house, gutter over seriously overflowed, Christmas shopping and weekly bowling, along with basic life have pretty much kicked my behind in the last 60 days.

Through the afore mentioned items we’ve been in constant contact with our adoption agency and they were telling us “we should hear from the courts any day now”. Not that we didn’t believe them, but that emotional roller coaster wears you out. After months of” leaping” out bed every morning to check the email for the magic message that will change our lives forever, I was a bit ever it all. While I was brushing my teeth at approximately midnight last night, we got a call from our adoption agency case worker. The Russian judge had finally issued us a court date. YEAH! They want us there in a week. OH MY - I THINK I WANT TO PUKE.

The mad rush is here again as we move heaven and earth to get visas and flights arrange to be in Perm in seven days, three of which are taken up by actual travel. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. Even with a court date assigned, there are plenty of things that can go wrong and did I mention that it was 100 degrees here today and we're going somewhere the high was 0.

Send happy thoughts and good vibes my way. 

No comments: