Sunday, November 1, 2009

How hot is it?

It is 8:10 PM on November 1 and it still 95degrees outside. I walked out the door at 8:15 this morning to put cloths on the line and it was like walking into a blast furnace. When I got in the car, which was under the car port, at 10:30 AM today, the car thermo showed 114. That was in the shade!

Last night at 5PM it was 107. Since it’s summer here, people usually sit outside to hand out candy for the treat-or-treaters. We did sit outside after the sun went down, but had to set the candy bowl in a cooler with cold packs to prevent the chocolate from melting. I still prefer hot over cold but this is ridiculous!

I know it’s been way to long between blog posts and I've made a Halloween resolution to change! I’ve finally gotten the back log of work whittled down at my job and as of this week I’m a PART-TIME employee and couldn’t be happier. I spent Thursday afternoon lounging and lunching by the pool with my friend Jen. On Friday, I even got up early enough (sort of) to hit a bucket of balls at the golf driving range before the temperatures hit the dangerous range.

I have lots to report and now will have time to do it. There’s the opal mining pictures from Mintabie and our recent anniversary trip to the Margaret River region of West Australia, plus many other fascinating tidbits.

Check back soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are back on line. Please send some of the heat to MN. Corn is starting to sprout on the ear due to the extreme wetness. Soybean moisture testing at 16-20%. House is getting clean and so is the shed!!!

kb