Sunday, April 20, 2008

Time goes by.......

Time has been sliding by and my intent to post at least once a week has not been realized. I haven’t been neglecting you on purpose but I seemed to proved one and for all that the less you have to do then less you get done. My time management skills along with my brain cells have been collecting dust. Boredom is a bad thiing for Paula so I and mentioned to a few people that I would be interested in doing some freelance work. Within a week I had three people offering me projects. Being me, I said yes to all of them. Fortunately, two of the projects are simple short term projects. The other will keep me occupied for about 20 hours a week for the next 6 months. Don’t worry, I won’t allow it to cut into my golf and bowling time!

Before you start feeling sorry for me, let me point out that I leaving for the states this week. The first week will be real work. As in - thinking really hard, tracking my hours, submitting a timesheet and getting paid. Thank goodness for the $$; my jewelry fund has been depleted. Dave will eventually meet me in New Jersey for a visit with his family, then a quick trip through Illinois, then Denver and back to Australia with a detour to Cairns on the way back to Alice Springs.

I’ll be lugging the laptop but not sure how much blogging I get done on the trip. Please be patient; the posts may be more sporadic than usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's the jewelry fund coming . . . wondered if you have found any new Roberto Coin's that you have to have this spring? You know they have the magical stone;)