Saturday, April 12, 2008

Are Americans uptight?

A German man once told me that the reason American’s were so prudish and uptight about our bodies was that we (Americans) were still struggling to overcome our puritan past. As I’ve traveled around the world I began to see a bit of truth in that theory. Now that I’m living in Australia, I have no doubts that Americans are quite conservative if not genuinely uptight, especially about some of the natural, biological processes that occur in the human body. The video clip below is a commercial that is currently airing on broadcast and cable television across Australia. I’m willing to bet you a steak and mushroom pie that this ad wouldn't be seen on the television sets in the good old U.S. of A.
(PS – you will laugh out loud and then be somewhat aghast that you found this topic funny. At the very least your eye brows will rise.




If you have trouble watching the clip here, it can be seen at You Tube by following this link. You are on your own if you opt to check out any of the "related videos)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is a riot! You're right, that would certainly NEVER be seen here!
Tami